Have you ever read the back of the packet of Taco Seasoning? It’s full of all kind of crap I don’t want in my body– I’m trying to EAT CLEAN! When the kids wanted tacos the other night, I decided to make my own homemade taco seasoning. It was AMAZING! I left out the Maltodextrin, corn starch, yellow corn flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, yeast extract, silicon dioxide, cottonseed oil, “natural flavoring” and ethoxyquin out of it. I left in all the flavor! Seriously, why does all the crap have to be in there?
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 3 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 tsp. Black Pepper optional
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Mix all the spices together and store in an airtight container. If you don't like spicy, then omit the peppers. We like it HOT!
- The amounts listed above make up about 6 Tbsp. of homemade taco seasoning mix . The ratio is 2 TBSP to ONE POUND of meat or veggies. More or less to taste!
It couldn’t have been easier- and it made much more thank a little package! I let my son do all the measuring and mixing, and he enjoyed helping. I love this homemade taco seasoning mix- it was super tasty and it’s easy to keep on hand! In fact, I used it to make some kick butt chicken tacos! I’ve also used it for pork, fish and of course, beef. Its great with black beans as well. it makes whipping up tacos or nachos for dinner super fast and easy.