Have you ever read the back of the packet of Taco Seasoning? It’s full of all kind of crap I don’t want in my body– I’m trying to EAT CLEAN! When the kids wanted tacos the other night, I decided to make my own taco seasoning. It was AMAZING! I left out the Maltodextrin, corn starch, yellow corn flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, yeast extract, silicon dioxide, cottonseed oil, “natural flavoring” and ethoxyquin out of it. I left in all the flavor!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 3 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 tsp. Black Pepper optional
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Mix all the spices together and store in an airtight container. If you don't like spicy, then omit the peppers. We like it HOT!
- The amounts listed above make up about 6 Tbsp. of homemade taco seasoning mix . The ratio is 2 TBSP to ONE POUND of meat or veggies. More or less to taste!
I love this mix- it was super tasty and it’s easy to keep on hand! In fact, I used it to make some kick butt chicken tacos! I’ve also used it for pork, fish and of course, beef. Its great win black beans as well.