This is for my trainer, Jaime. She horrified me by telling me that a Pumpkin Spice Coffee at Dunkin Donuts is 330 calories, 110 of them from fat! I went on the website to check it out. Here’s what’s in a large Pumpkin Spice Coffee:
Vitamin A 8% – Vitamin C 2% – Calcium 20% – Iron 0%
CONTAINS ALLERGENS: Milk
INGREDIENTS: Brewed 100% Arabica Coffee, Pumpkin Spice Syrup [Skim Milk, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Brown Sugar, Caramel Color, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Salt], Light Cream [Milk, Cream, Disodium Phosphate (Stabilizer), Sodium Citrate (Stabilizer)].
:::Shudder::: Not much for clean eating, right?
I saw this recipe on SparkPeople today, and I modified it a teeny bit. I like yummy drinks as much as the next person, but I don’t want to de-rail the whole day for ONE drink!
- 1 tbsp of canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp of pumpkin all spice
- 1 cup of non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee
- 3 tsp of stevia (or to taste)
- OPTIONAL Cool Whip FREE
- In a medium sauce pan mix the pumpkin and the milk. Heat until steaming, mixing constantly.
- In a blender combine pumpkin mix, coffee,3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and stevia. Blend on high in whip mode. Pour into cup and dust with pumpkin pie spice.
- One Servings Per Recipe: - Calories: 98
You can even add a dollop of fat free cool whip for umph!
What’s your favorite fall or warm weather drink?