I’m talking part in Pepper’s “#LoveMe challenge and today’s challenge is:
I’m thinking about what advice I’d give me when I was younger— say 20’s. Here goes!
Dear Young(er) Wendy,
You are FABULOUS. I am telling you RIGHT THIS MINUTE that all the time you are spending doubting yourself is time wasted. Here’s a little advice I’d like to share with you.
- Take risks. YES, you should apartment sit in Manhattan for a year for your friend.
- Time spent worrying is time wasted.
- Take care of your body. Learn to like exercise. Eat well. Trust me.
- Dance, A lot.
- Go on more vacations.
- Quit smoking.
- When Dave knocks on your door, let him in , He’s the best thing that will happen to you.
- You DO have what it takes to be a Mom. You will be a good one. Stop worrying.
- Keep in touch with your Dad. He is important to you.
- Your Mom won’t be around forever. Cherish her.
- Just because someone is family doesn’t mean they have the right to take advantage of you.
- Embrace your family who really loves you.
- Enjoy every single second. Life is precious.
Love Yourself. At every part of your life, make sure to recognize how amazing you are and what gifts you have to share. Then, share them.
See you in 20 something years,
What advice would you give to yourself 20 years ago?