My daughter ADORES Nutella. ADORES IT. This is her mantra:
While real nutella is super yummy and not SO bad for you, I wanted to make my own with no sugar or artificial anything.
Here’s my take on my HOMEMADE NUTELLA
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts- roasted and skins removed
- 1/4 c + 1 TBSP cocoa powder
- 5 TBSP Agave necter
- 1 TBSP Stevia
- 1TBSP pure Vanilla
- 1 TBSP Hazelnut oil (optional)
- 1/4 C Skim Milk
- Roast hazelnuts at 350 on cookie sheets until just fragrant. Warning, they will smell good. Refrain from popping one in your mouth. It will be HOT. it will BURN you. Rub in a kitchen towel to remove skins, then place in food processor.
- Process the nuts until they become a nut butter. It will take a while- and you'll have to scrape it down a few times. Be patient- it won't get completely smooth- but it will get smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients- cocoa, agave, stevia, vanilla, oil, and spin for about 1 minute or until blended. Add the skim milk and spin again until it's blended thoroughly. Add a bit more milk if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Put into jar and keep in fridge. It may harden a bit in fridge, will soften quickly at room temp if so.
Want to know how it tastes? This is the Nutella Queen’s verdict: