The week is ending, and that means HEALTHY FOOD FRIDAY!
Around 7:30, when the dinner dishes are all done and I finally sit down , I sometimes want a wee bit of something sweet. I know it’s best to have a healthy option around for those moments, or the ingredients to throw it together. Now that I’m eating healthier I have been finding healthier options (OMG frozen grapes!!) or re-writing old favorites This pudding is one of my new favorite treats- not too sweet, no fat, low calorie, and it helps me get in some of the protein I’m usually lacking!
*note- I have also made this pudding and put in in a pie shell made of crushed graham crackers and melted Smart Start- YUM!
- One box sugar free, fat free instant pudding mix- vanilla or butterscotch flavor
- One can fat free evaporated skim milk
- One 15 oz can pumpkin ( NOT pie pix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ( or to taste)
- optional: Cool Whip FREE
- In a medium bowl, mix together pudding mix and evaporated milk will well blended. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from fridge, add entire can of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes and serve! (makes 6 servings)
- Cal Carbs Fat Protein
- Total: 518 112 1 32
- Per Serving: 86 19 0 5.2
- Adding Cool Whip Free adds 15 Calories per 2 tablespoons!
Like healthy recipes? Mamavation is hosting a Healthy Food Friday linkup! Chech her out for more yummy recipes that are good for you!