I love this slow cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken. The first time I made it we ALL loved it! My kids could not get enough of it,. and two days later I wished I had made more. I tweaked with it a bit, added a few things and made it mine, but my Crock Pot Mexican Chicken is totally based on Tammy’s Recipe.
Serve: we make: Chicken quesadillas, nachos, tacos, or my favorite is using to make chicken salad with avocado and salsa!
You can also pack it up and freeze it for a quick and easy dinner in the freezer!
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 medium to large chicken breasts (about 3 pounds - I use frozen chicken breast filets)
- In food processor, finely mince onion and garlic. Add Rotel tomatoes with juice and process until smooth. Add can of tomato sauce, and all spices, press to combine, and add to crock pot.
- Add chicken breast filet one at a time, and turn to cover with sauce. Once all are added, cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove chicken from liquid in crock pot and shred with 2 forks, then return to crock pot and cook for another 15 minutes.
Check out Tammy’s Blog, Skinny Mom’s Kitchen and see what a great job she’s done losing a lot of weight the smart and healthy way! And enjoy the convenience of having a crock pot meal all set and ready for you when you are!